Led by Mairi Mickel, Mickel Business Families This one-day workshop will provide you with a roadmap for creating your own family charter.
A family charter is bespoke document for the family by the family which centres around how family members wish the family business to be run.
It is a statement of intent that although not legally binding, can provide the foundation for good governance and can support other documents such as shareholder agreements.
It is a flexible and living document which outlines the values of the family and the expectations of family members, acting as a guide for how a family business can progress through its lifecycle.
The purpose of the Charter will vary by business and by family, but it can define
• Values and expectations of family members
• How the family wishes the business to be run
• The decision-making processes
• Conflict resolution Procedures
• Individual Responsibilities
• Terms for family members to join the business
• Education and involvement of the next generation
• Succession policies and procedures
This one-day workshop will provide you with a roadmap for creating your own family charter and create a safe space to have discussions and benefit from Mairi’s experience and guidance from working both within her own family business and as a consultant with others.
The cost to attend per business is £450 & Vat which includes 3 guests, full day’s workshop and lunch.
Get in contact with us